Tuesday, May 31, 2016

#mdw



Well, Tropical Storm Bonnie decided to rain on everyone's parade (literally) during the long holiday weekend, so any plans of soaking up some sun were canceled. But we still managed to spend time with a lot of friends and take advantage of rainy day laziness.

-Saturday was spent day drinking at Home Team BBQ, followed by a cat nap. Once refreshed we went to the Rifle Club for a few rounds of bowling and unlimited popcorn (my favorite part). 

-Sunday we took advantage of the nasty weather and were couch potatoes most of the day. Those days are just needed every now and then. We did make it out of the house and over to Cameron's parents' for dinner that night! 


-Monday we dropped Cameron's parents off at the cruise terminal for their 10 day cruise, and we hit up the outlets for some sales! Cameron goes shopping once, maybe twice a year, so this was the perfect time for him to add some staples to his wardrobe. More clothes for Cameron = more time in between loads of laundry for me! I picked up these shorts (third pair..love them!), t-shirt dress, and a maxi dress. 



Also, hi to my new friend from Raleigh who came up to me on Kiawah Friday! I definitely don't consider myself to be a "big time blogger" so it meant a lot that you told me you missed my blog! Definitely motivates me to post more! :) 

post signature

11 comments :

  1. Sounds like a really fun weekend, minus the rain, but at least you got in a nice relaxing day instead.
    You are definitely missed around these parts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt shops the same way as Cameron. We managed to have fun even in the gray too! Maybe next weekend will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We thought it was going to be a washout in Wilmington but surprisingly the rain held off! Sounds like y'all still had a great weekend!

    Zelle
    Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to crash your bowling party next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect weekend of chill time and friend time! PS love those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was grateful for a gorgeous day and lots of sunshine and pooltime Saturday. It rained the rest of the weekend, though! This is the rainiest May Richmond has ever had on record!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha how fun that someone recognized you at Kiawah!! I love seeing you back here on the blog! I love bringing my husband shopping and definitely agree on the laundry thing ;) Have a great week.

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good lazy couch potato day are the best sometimes! I’ve missed your post too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss your blog too! Need some more good good recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you were able to make the most of the rainy weekend!! I love a good Netflix & chill day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got so excited to see you had posted! What a fun weekend even though the weather wasn't the best! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete