Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Our Weekend {Girls Happy Hour, Ashton's 1st Birthday, Lunch with April + Camille}

Happy first day of Fall, y'all! 
As much as I LOVE summertime, I am ready for some steady temps in the 70's. Pair the (rainy) first day of Fall with Cameron feeling under the weather, and I am counting down the hours until I get home to make some tomato basil bisque for dinner tonight. 

Here's what kept us busy this weekend...

Friday after work, I met up with some friends at Republic because Savannah was in town! They have a pretty awesome happy hour and a nice patio area. It was so nice to just go out with the girls for a change and I'm sure the momma's enjoyed being out for a few hours without a baby attached to their hips. After Republic, we walked a few doors down to Rarebit because for some reason we were all craving a juicy cheeseburger. These burgers did not disappoint and they were accompanied by moscow mules all around!

After dinner, we stopped by Jeni's for a sweet treat. Emily & I split a cup and although there are a ton of crazy (but good) flavors to choose from, I went with my go-to flavor of coffee. Emily went a little more adventurous with the sweet cream biscuits & peach jam. 

Saturday, we went to Ashton's 1st birthday party! When I say that there were a lot of babies there, I mean there were a LOT of babies there. You had to be careful where you stepped because they were everywhere. haha. It was so fun celebrating Ashton and seeing a lot of people, and their babies who I had never met, that I hadn't seen in a while.  When we were leaving, we saw the most amazing rainbow! It was the brightest one I've ever seen. 







After Ashton's party, we came back to our house to watch our football games that were basically on at the same time. We had a pretty sweet set up, and yes, Cameron's game got the big screen since it was a bigger game than ours. 


Sunday was not our typical day of rest. We're hosting supper club at our house on Sunday, so we decided to tackle some projects around the house that we've been putting off. (Does anyone else love hosting people at their house just for the fact that that's the only time your house gets really clean and projects get complete? Or is that just us?) We ran to Lowe's in the morning, I cleaned up my garden area, and Cameron replaced some wood on our porch roof that was rotted. I snuck away for a little while to have lunch with April, sweet baby Camille, and April's mom at Jim n Nicks. As expected, Camille was the sweetest, smiliest, little thing. Also as expected, I got April and her mom hooked on Jim n Nicks famous cheese biscuits. :) 

Once I returned home, I was put back to work, but it's all worth it in the end when our yard and house are looking good! 

Hope you all enjoyed your weekends, as well!
post signature

18 comments :

  1. I am still dreaming of those biscuits ... why oh why didn't I buy a few bags of the mix for myself?!

    Awesome to see you as always! Camille loved you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cake is sooo cute. and omg i love jeni's! the first time i visited i tried over 8 different ice creams (they were empty so i figured i should take advantage of the situation!) i cant wait to go back. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last picture--super cute! Glad it was a good weekend, but stinks about the hubby feeling under the weather and the rain. Boo. I'm tricking myself into thinking it's not Fall by wearing sandals and a sweater when it was 50 this morning--I'm not ready to let it goooo! :)
    Hope the tomato basil bisque is yummy--sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That football cake is precious!! What a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. grilled cheese and tomato soup kind of night for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cake! Haha, I saw so many tweets and snapchats on that rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That 1st birthday party for Ashton was so cute, it looks like you have such a great group of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious birthday cake. Camille is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sweat cream and biscuits ice cream is the bomb! We had it a few months ago with fresh peaches and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Biscuits and Peach Jam is the best Jeni's flavor!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeni’s is the best! I was so hoping for a Clemson win... such a great game though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like y'all had a great weekend! How perfect is that rainbow?! And Camille is just so cute!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun weekend! I love the cute football theme for a baby boy's 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is your supper club arranged?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started it out that the host would make everything, but that got to be a little too overwhelming. So now, the host cooks the main entree and everyone else brings a signature drink, an app, salad, side or dessert. Much easier!

      Delete
  15. Hi! New follower from A.Liz Adventures! Just spent the past 30 minutes looking at all your wedding posts - must say it looked fabulous! I'm a big fan of the Holy City and are excited to have found another Charleston blogger :) PS I'm a Chi Omega too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a fun and productive weekend! I love some Jim and Nick's Cheddar biscuits!

    ReplyDelete