Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Five: BHG Cover, Lunch Date, Dinner Date, New Fave Necklace, + Leopard Make-Up Bag.


 {one}
Back in 1989, Cameron's parents entered a home improvement contest through the magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, for their back porch that Cameron's dad built, and they won! With that win, they landed the cover of the October 1989 issue. Cameron definitely gets his "handiness" from his dad.
Cameron's dad, Cameron, and Cameron's brother, Travis
 

{two}
Yesterday I had the day off, so in between loads of laundry, I got Leslie out of the house and we went to lunch with 8 week old Baby Cate in tow. We discovered that she loves the Van Morrison station on Pandora, which might be a lifesaver for Leslie. Look at that cute little smile! Please excuse my lack of make-up.

{three}
Last night, I had a wonderful dinner with Shelby, Ally & Caitlin at Al di La! Shelby and I have been friends before we even started our blogs (our husbands went to high school and college together) and Ally happens to be Shelby's husband's cousin, so we've hung out a few times before, also. But it was all of ours first time meeting Caitlin! We must have all clicked because we were there for 3 hours. :)

Being that it was restaurant week, below were the three courses that I chose. 
Beef carpaccio with fried capers
Tagliatelle with duck confit, cremini mushrooms, and truffle oil
Tiramisu with toasted hazelnuts

{four}
The necklace that I wore to dinner is one of my new favorites and it was given to me by my aunt and uncle for my birthday. But I can only wear it with a few things because it is SUCH a statement necklace. Of course I'm drawing a blank now on what website it's from since I deleted it from my Pinterest Wishlist board.

{five}
Since I lost my make-up bag back in November, Cameron gave me a new one for Christmas that I LOVE. My friend, Savannah, actually put it on my radar because she was giving one to her Mother-in-Law for Christmas. It's from Stella & Dot and it comes in lots of different patterns. 

For once in a long time, we have no plans this weekend! 
I do have a new house project in the works so maybe I'll take care of that.
 Have a nice weekend!


post signature

21 comments :

  1. Theo texted me at 930 and said "are you all right?" I didn't realize we were out so late! I had so much fun! But I'm feeling it today. :/ Cate is adorable! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time y'all all get together I hope I'm in town! Love the statement necklace and Stella & Dot bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of you to get your new Mama friend out of the house! I can't wait to see what your house project is! I need some motivation to do some more things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cate is so cute! Sounds like you girls had a great evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun night, and I'm totally coveting that necklace you wore!! And that magazine feature is so great... so 1980s too haha. I wish someone in either of our families were handy like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the magazine!! you look so pretty in that green. cheers for a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always try the most delicious sounding foods! :)
    That baby is SOOOOO cute!!! Love the make up bag! Good job to Cameron haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that necklace, it looks gorg w. your green blouse. I have one similar but it doesn't make as much of a statement. That's awesome y'all live close and can meetup, great girls! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for getting a new mama out of the house! I'm sure she appreciated it! And how cool is it that they were in BHG?

    ReplyDelete
  10. that magazine feature is awesome! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in a makeup bag dilemma!! I need a new one so bad! Does that one have compartments or anything?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that leopard makeup bag from Stella and Dot it's my absolute fav it is the most perfect size :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so neat that Cameron's family was in the BHG magazine! :) Gotta love a crafty man! Love that statement necklace! Smile girl! haha :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3 hours is right hah. Repeat soon, please! Love the makeup bag as it's my favorite print. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops and love the BHG throwback to the 80s - so great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like I said to all the other girls I am so jealous of your blogger date! How fun! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So jealous that y'all had a little bloggy date all together! Oh what fun!!! (And YUM!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so cool about the magazine cover.

    ReplyDelete