Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tasty Tuesday - Chicken Taco Salad

After a long day of boating, Cameron and I usually end up at Maria's Mexican Grill on Johns Island for a cold, tasty margarita and some super yummy Mexican food. Maria's is the real deal. Everything is so fresh and the service is superb. Everytime we go to Maria's I always order the same thing - taco salad with no beans. I decided to try my hand at making my own taco salad at home, and I was pleasantly suprised at how good it was!


Chicken Taco Salad

Here is the recipe I used to make the chicken..

Crockpot Salsa Chicken - found here.

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup salsa
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream


Directions:
1. Mix soup, salsa and taco seasoning in the bottom of your crockpot. Sink chicken breasts into the mixture, covering completely. Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours depending on size of chicken breasts.

2. Remove chicken, shred and return to the crockpot. Add sour cream and mix well. Heat until everything is warmed through. Enjoy! (I skipped mixing in the sour cream with the chicken and it was still really tasty!)


I added the salsa chicken over a bed of broken tostada shells (couldn't find taco bowl type shells at the grocery store) and shredded lettuce.

Additional toppings may include:
-tomatoes
-corn
-black beans
-jalepenos
-sour cream
-guacamole
-anything else you want!


7 comments :

  1. I JUST said to my coworker I want maria's this week for cinco de mayo! I have never had the taco salad but I am going to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to make this soon, Looks delicous!

    Sexdrugsmarriage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm...Mexican is a weekly staple in our household :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That sounds so good! I make salsa chicken all the time and I am going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to say....despite my culinary mocking...I have made more of your recipes than from any other blog. might just have to try this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks so yummy! great post =]

    ReplyDelete