Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A whole lotta randomness.

This weekend was a blast..and I paid for it on Sunday.

Saturday I woke up bright and early, made a quick trip to the grocery store while Cameron went into work for a few hours (his big project is finally done and I'm so proud of him!), then we went to the Kickin' Chicken in West Ashley to watch our games, which were on at the same time. Had lots of fun with Emily&David, Kate&Grant and Lindsay!

After our games were over (both victories), we hurried home to freshen up. What I really wanted to do was take a nap, but I knew I would be down for the count if I did. Met back up with everyone at a Mexican restaurant across from the coliseum and indulged in quite a few margarita's.
After that, it was to the coliseum we went to see Thompson Square, Justin Moore and Darius!



Sunday. Ouch. I layed in bed until as late as I possibly could. I had made plans for my Grandma to come over to measure my windows because she is making me some window treatments as part of my Christmas gift. I was smart and told her to come over after lunchtime because I knew I'd probably be hurting from the concert. And I was right. I made her this pumpkin pie as a thank you.

Cameron cleaned out the garage on Sunday and I would have taken before and after pics. What a difference!

Speaking of Cameron, he bought and installed a new hood over our stove last weekend and installed a subway tile backsplash! The man is handy and I love it.

Here is a (way before) before and after pic.
Gross.
Next up, a new flat-top stove!
 Speaking of kitchens and cooking and pumpkin pies, I was in a baking mood last night and attempted to make this No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake. Everything was going great - I licked the bowl and it tasted so good - plopped it into the pie crust..and then realized I accidentally bought a regular pie crust and not a graham cracker pie crust. AND I forgot to bake the crust before I put the mixture in it. Ugh. So instead of a pumpkin cheesecake, Cameron had basically pumpkin mousse for dessert.

Ok, that's enough random babbling for one day. Have a good one!


13 comments :

  1. You've made me so hungry for something with pumpkin ...pie, mousse, cheesecake -it doens't matter! Cameron did such a good job on the backsplash & stove hood. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a difference the new hood & tile makes in your kitchen. Cameron did an amazing job! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job to him on the backsplash! looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen turned out great! Way to work it Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooooh I love your stove! Ours is totally disgusting. I hate it

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful new kitchen! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new hood and backsplash looks GREAT! It really is nice to have a handy guy around!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a fun weekend last weekend! And that's too funny... I just had a convo with a friend and she was saying that she misses Kickin Chickin (we went to CofC) so much that she was thinking about calling their corporate office and asking them to put one in Denver where she lives! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous of you! Margaritas AND Darius?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like you had fun!! Love the new tile.

    ReplyDelete