Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Creamy Artichoke, Lemon & Chicken Pasta

I went on a recipe bookmarking rampage on Thursday while bored at work and this was a recipe I couldn't wait to try! I made it Sunday night and it was very light tasting, yet filling. I will be making this one again! Recipe and photo courtesy of Shawnda at Confections of a Foodie Bride.



 Ingredients:

12 oz spaghetti
3 slices bacon
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved and pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Salt
Pepper
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
2 tsp capers, drained
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp butter, chilled
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish

Directions:
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.

In a large Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat, cook through. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and reserve. In a bowl, stir together flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly coat chicken with flour mixture. Without crowding, carefully place chicken in the bacon grease. Fry until cooked through and golden brown on both sides. Remove the chicken to paper towels. Stir the mushrooms, artichokes, and capers into the pan. De glaze the pan with the wine. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the broth and lemon juice, cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in the cream and the butter to the sauce, stirring until completely incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.

Cut the chicken breasts into strips, and return them to the pan. Stir the pasta and bacon into the chicken mixture. Serve.
Serves 4
 
*Mushrooms were not listed in the ingredient list but were mentioned in the directions so I added a small can of them.*

Enjoy! :)

10 comments :

  1. That looks great! I love artichokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm.... this looks AMAZING! i dont even like artichokes but I would totally be willing to try again with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this looks soooo yummy! I'm def going to try it! Thanks for posting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! This looks amazing! I love anything with artichokes - I'm going to have to try this one soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum-o! Might have to try that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious...going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newest follower of your blog! Any Gamecock girl is a girl after my own heart!

    Can't wait to follow along with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious looking! I may modify this to be veggie so I can eat it too because it looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm Savannah's roommate, Meghan. We just finished eating this tasty dish and loves it!!

    ReplyDelete